Chiropractic & Kids:
Chiropractic Care for Children
Gentle, noninvasive and drug free, chiropractic adjustments treat, resolve and prevent a wide range of health problems. Recent research by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) found spinal manipulative therapy safe and successful in treating children of all ages.
Recent research by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) has shown that chiropractic therapy is a safe and successful manner of treating both acute and chronic childhood disease. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that increasing numbers of parents are turning to spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments as safe and affordable options for their children.
Broadly speaking, childhood disease can be categorized into Acute disorders and Chronic disorders. Acute conditions are those that can result from trauma such as sports injuries, injuries during birth, or from accidents. Chronic disorders by contrast, are those that last an extended period, having sometimes developed over years. Because chiropractic therapy focuses on the entire individual in a holistic fashion, it is ideally suited to address both the acute and chronic conditions that can begin in early childhood and result in years of pain later in life. Additionally, because the goal of spinal manipulation and chiropractic therapy in general is to bring the body back into its naturally healthy state, chiropractic therapy is uniquely suited as a preventative measure as well.
- To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development)
- To support their child’s overall health and well being
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies
- To encourage good spinal posture
- To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate
- To assist with behavioral disorders
- To help alleviate digestive problems
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues
10 more reasons for children to see a chiropractor:
Your child’s health is their greatest asset. I urge you to explore all possibilities you have to strengthen your child’s health.